Head of CAD & BIM – Dubai
Full Time | Experience: 15 yearsShow Job Description
We are looking for a talented individual with at least 15 years of relevant experience to head up our CAD/BIM/Digital Asset Services. The key focus of the role will be to develop, improve and maintain both industry and Cracknell best practice standards for BIM modelling production and delivery using the latest technology and software application platforms, and lead our CAD & BIM team including overseeing operations, production, development, and proficiency of the team.
- Assume overall responsibility and direction for CAD & BIM production and delivery.
- Drive the strategic planning and management of CAD & BIM functions including improvement of BIM capability, resource planning, and overall management.
- Lead the improvement of company-wide BIM capability and development initiatives, including the planning and implementation of BIM for full 3D capability.
- Work towards implementing full BIM technology deployment on large-scale projects to include 4D (scheduling & manpower) and 5D (cost analysis) using BIM models.
- As part of a multi-discipline project delivery team, develop and document BIM standards and libraries, contributing actively to the framework, process, and compliance improvements.
- Improve CAD/BIM workflows, policies, procedures, and processes.
- Drive CAD/BIM operations and performance improvement initiatives including all necessary functional, technological, and operational improvements to optimize CAD/BIM project delivery, quality, and profitability.
- Train, develop, and coach CAD & BIM teams, as well as designers and project managers to ensure the processes in place, are well understood, efficient, and fit for purpose.
- Review CAD & BIM production for quality assurance; implement best practices, standards, and controls to ensure full adherence to our planned certification for ISO 19650 and the Company’s ISO9001 Quality Management System.
- Evaluate new technologies and make recommendations for their adoption as well as system upgrades, customisation, and digital asset management as necessary.
- Review Request for Proposals (RFP’s) and advise on appropriate fee structure and deliverables for bids with a CAD/BIM component.
Management and Corporate Competencies
- Commercial Awareness
- Effective planning, organisational, and execution skills
- Project planning and resource budgeting
- Team leadership and people management
- Internal and external client and stakeholder management skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Landscape Architecture / Architecture or equivalent degree or diploma in Design Technology or Drafting
- Preferably a member of a professional Landscape or Architectural institute
Technical and Software Capabilities
- Expert (strongly proficient and competent) in Revit 3D modelling (Architecture)
- Proficient in Dynamo, and additional BIM Platforms (Sketchup, Infraworks, Rhino, Maya, 3D Max, and other 3D modelling platforms); AutoCAD 2D & 3D; BIM Coordination software and clash detection tools such as Navisworks Manage or BIM 360 Glue
- Knowledge of CDE platforms (e.g. Aconex, ProjectWise, BIM 360 etc.; Well versed in Learning Management Software (e.g. Knowledge Smart)
- Experience in delivering asset data (COBie) to project BIM requirements
- Experience working in schemes with PAS1192 / ISO19650 requirements would be an advantage
Years of Experience
Minimum of 15 years of relevant work experience in mature markets with advanced CAD/BIM practice, preferably with previous experience in landscape and/or building architectural design projects.
- High proficiency in spoken and written English
- Arabic would be an added advantage
- Experience leading large teams of 20+ people
All applications should be submitted by filling the form: