SEO Specialist/Marketing Assistant -Manila
Full Time | Experience: 2 yearsShow Job Description
We are looking for an experienced and dynamic SEO Specialist/Marketing Assistant who will be responsible for SEO optimisation across the company website, social media and email marketing and press releases.
This role will also involve assistance in the creation of marketing and bidding collateral for promoting the company. This will include, but not be limited to, illustrated website content, e-newsletter content, social media posts, event promotion, CV production, project sheet production and bid preparation assistance.
The role will report to Associate – Marketing & BD. The position will largely be office based in Makati, Manila and will involve much collaboration with colleagues in London and Dubai as well as across Cracknell’s global offices.
- Study and understand the Company Brand, Story, Mission, Vision and Values.
- Use SEO to support agreed marketing campaigns, drive traffic and suggest new leads to align with business development goals.
- Develop on-page SEO optimisation strategies that increase the company’s website search engine results rankings including taking responsibility for page optimisation for search engine marketing.
- Perform ongoing keyword research, discovery and optimisation for new relevant keywords to use throughout the company website and marketing materials.
- Create and execute an off-page optimisation link building strategy to align with business development goals, keeping to white hat techniques.
- Suggest changes to the website architecture, content, linking and other factors to improve SEO positions for target keywords.
- Monitor daily performance metrics with SEO tools such as Google Analytics to understand SEO strategy performance.
- Assist in preparation of competitive social media and press campaigns in line with the agreed calendar and under the supervision of the Associate-Marketing & BD/Marketing Specialist.
- Assist in preparation of high-quality project sheets and CVs to template under the supervision of the Associate-Marketing & BD.
- Work closely with the commercial and bidding team where necessary to assist in the production of high value illustrated bids.
- Assist with quality control and metatagging for the image library.
- Coordinate with all staff disciplines, e.g. architects, graphic artists, quantity surveyors, engineers, landscape designers, urban designers, etc.
- Ability to stay abreast of the latest developments in search engine algorithms, SEO best practices and the application of AI and to advise and apply, where appropriate, new methods and techniques to support and help drive the company marketing strategy.
- Willingness to learn and conduct regular research online on industry developments, events and innovation.
- Keen eye for new marketing and business opportunities. Analysis skills to understand the competition or opportunities to collaborate.
- Understanding of story-telling and the value of compelling narrative to support the marketing strategy.
- Creative, innovative and graphic presentation skills to compete in the market in terms of human engagement and effective use of algorithm behaviour.
- Strong WordPress/Yoast/Google, Analytics/Google Search, Console/Screaming, Frog/Semrush/Hotjar knowledge is essential.
- Excellent knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite skills – InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, AfterEffects and Premiere Pro experience essential. Good use of MS Office and knowledge of latest design tools and technologies.
- Good working knowledge of worldwide statutory copyright legislation, a good understanding of commercial/legal confidentiality requirements and privacy/duty of care requirements to clients, staff and public.
- Good knowledge and awareness of NDAs and commercial sensitivities and the ability to flag items to Line Manager that may need raising for Director level decision.
- Understanding of operation of LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter/X, WeChat & Facebook for design industry marketing.
- Understanding of operation of Hootsuite or similar for social media calendar coordination and MailChimp or similar for newsletter marketing.
Management and Corporate Competencies
- Accuracy, Precision and an excellent eye for detail.
- Effective and creative communication skills (verbal, written and graphic) in English.
- Ability to work under pressure, multitask, manage priorities, and meet project timelines.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Internal and external stakeholder management skills
- BSc (Hons) or BA (Hons) in Landscape Architecture/Architecture/Urban Planning/Graphic Design/Business Development/Marketing or equivalent
- UK Landscape Institute or equivalent membership would be an advantage
- 2 years post-graduate experience in an architecture/landscape architecture practice or related AEC or graphics industry.
- An understanding of social media and digital communication trends in the MENA region, China, UK and Europe would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of some Arabic language may also be an advantage.
- A keen interest in the value of effective ESG strategies within the built environment sector may also be an advantage.
Excellent vocabulary and accurate written English is a must.
Additional Info Required in Portfolio Submission
- Several hundred words of text/prose used in previous SEO work demonstrating dynamic English skills, appropriate use of keywords and high accuracy as well as the ability to learn about the client’s area of business
- Well-structured, illustrated story of a previous successful SEO campaign showing problems and challenges identified, and details of proposed opportunities and solutions, and the results – could be a pdf portfolio or animated video or recorded presentation with slides – whatever visually tells your story well
All applications should be submitted by filling the form: