Associate Landscape Architect – London
Full Time | Experience: 10 yearsShow Job Description
We are looking to hire an experienced and knowledgeable Associate Landscape Architect who will act as ‘Project Leader’ on selected large-scale, complex or high-profile projects and oversee all stages of a project from concept through to construction. They will also be guiding and supporting Senior Landscape Architects (SLAs) in the day-to-day management and delivery of their projects.
The Associate Landscape Architect will act as the primary decision-making and interaction point with clients, consultants, and contractors, and will be required to attend client meetings and conduct site visits as necessary to oversee project progress and construction. This role will report to the Group Design Director/Design Director.
- Always delivering to a high standard, confidently managing projects, whilst actively engaging with and contributing to the design team.
- Assumes decision-making authority and owns overall technical and financial responsibility for all projects managed by SLA’s working under his/her guidance.
- Supervises and monitors project progress throughout all stages, from concept to construction, to ensure the ‘design direction’ set at the inception and all deliverables are completed to the client’s satisfaction and in accordance with the technical and contractual terms of the project contract.
- Leads all official client communications upon project handover from the commercial team and thereafter.
- Effectively manages time and resources and is responsible for the management and expenditure of fees.
- Oversees multi-disciplinary project teams of Landscape Architects, Architects, CAD Technicians, Engineers, and specialist support teams to ensure project work is carried out in accordance with company standards and the project brief.
- Provides Mentorship to help grow the capabilities of the team.
- Manages project drawing production, documentation, and administration in accordance with company design and quality standards, policies and procedures and ERP system.
- Responsible for ensuring all QA/QC procedures are followed, all checks are undertaken, and required approvals are obtained during design development.
- Ability to manage multiple landscape design projects of varying complexity, size and value.
- Ability to use extensive professional experience and project management skills to manage multiple Project Leaders.
- Oversee, review and challenge works performed by the design, technical teams, and other disciplines.
- Be able to interpret technical drawings and documentation, specifications and reports, proposals, technical and financial terms, contracts, and tender documents.
- Demonstrate excellent software skills in AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite, MS Office. Knowledge of Sketch-Up, Lumion, Revit, Rhino is an added advantage.
Management and Corporate Competencies
- Commercial awareness
- Effective planning, organisational and execution skills,
- Project planning and resource budgeting
- Team leadership and people management
- Internal and external client and stakeholder management skills
- University Degree – Bachelors/Post Graduation or equivalent – in landscape architecture or architecture
- CMLI UK or equivalent advanced-level professional qualification (preferred)
- 10 years of landscape architecture work experience on sizeable design projects
- Experience working for international design/engineering related practices will be preferable
- Experience in managing project teams/multiple staff
- Fluency in English, verbal and written
All applications should be submitted by filling the form: