Senior Lighting Designer – Dubai
Full Time | Experience: 5-8 yearsShow Job Description
We are looking for a talented, creative, dynamic, experienced, and knowledgeable Senior Lighting Designer to join our vibrant Dubai Office.
The role will be responsible for developing architectural lighting design concepts and work as part of an integrated multidisciplinary project team, leading landscape and urban lighting designs from concept to completion, including the production of detailed designs, technical and engineering documentation for small to medium and large size projects.
- Lead the creative and conceptual lighting design work, including design development, schematic and detailed design, and production work for allocated projects as per applicable standards, project brief and specifications.
- Support and mentor Junior Lighting Designers and assigned CAD/BIM Technicians and coordinate with other disciplines for successful completion and delivery of lighting design work.
- Guide CAD/BIM technicians in the completion of detailed design works, production of the necessary selection of imagery, CAD plans, CAD details, working sketches and sketch-up modelling.
- Oversee preparation of lighting design drawings, layouts, 2D and 3D imagery, and technical documentation as part of project submission pack for construction and contract tendering.
- Able to apply professional knowledge and experience to design lighting for landscape design projects of varying levels of complexity.
- Able to use professional knowledge combined with innovative, artistic, and creative abilities to design functional, sustainable, and economically viable lighting solutions that reflect project design intent.
- Has sound skills in writing and interpretation of technical documentation, specifications, reports, proposals, contracts and tender documents.
- Possesses good knowledge of applicable lighting design standards, technical codes including CIE, IES, CIBSE, Abu Dhabi Municipality Lighting Standards, HSE and QA/QC standards.
- Demonstrates excellent software skills and use of Dialux Evo (or other lighting simulation software), CAD, BIM/Revit, Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch-Up, MS Office and latest relevant lighting design tools and technologies.
- University Degree – Post Graduation or equivalent – in Lighting Design, Electrical Engineering, Architecture, or Interior Design.
- Certified Lighting Designer and ILP, IES and/or IALD Membership (preferred).
- 5-8 years’ experience on sizeable landscape design projects.
- High level of proficiency in spoken and written English.
All applications should be submitted by filling the form: